Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The alien invasion

Funny story ... My husband stays about 2 hours away during the week.  Not in the best neighborhood and not the best apartment.  He has been complaining of roaches in his apartment and so I have been getting him that spray.  He said he didn’t think it was working because he could still hear the roaches scratching on the floor at night.  I was talking to him on the phone and he was talking in a low voice and he was actually telling ME to be quiet.  Like anything could hear me on his end.  So we are BOTH on the phone speaking quietly.  Like we were both on this hunt even though I am 2 hours aways. "What are you doing?" What are you looking for" I am asking in a whisper.  All of the sudden I hear this shriek.  No just any shriek, but a girl-finding-a-mouse-in-the-kitchen type shriek. The phone drops on the floor.  I’m yelling “WHAT?! WHAT HAPPENED?!! ARE YOU OKAY?” Anything could have happened, robbed, kidnapped ... I had no idea.  He FINALLY picks up the phone and says “I just saw the biggest roach I have EVER seen! No lie it's as big as my HAND!” This entire time we had been “hunting” a large cockroach? Really? He then tells me he has to go because he needs to find this thing.  About 20 minutes later I get another call and he can't find it.  If it's so big why can't he find it is my question.  He says he thinks it's one of those hissing cockroaches.  Aren't those only in Africa or Asia? Anyway, he says he is sleeping in the bath tube with all the lights on so the roach doesn’t get him.  I couldn’t believe. 
This all happened last night, he calls this morning and ... He survived the man eating cockroach last night and he said he sprinkled Ajax all over the floor.  He said he didn’t know what else today. SO NOW there’s a 1 bedroom apartment in San Antonio covered in Ajax because ... that will keep the roach at bay? Maybe?

No comments:

Post a Comment