Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Chicken, it's what's for dinner

I have decided to amp up my blog because people ask me how I do what I do or if I made something they ask how or if I used something they ask how I like it.  So I’m putting it all on here and if people want to follow me that is SUPER awesome and if not then at least I have everything documented for when I forget.
Ok today is Wed and usually a busy day.  Well, there’s 2 activities on Wed. Dance class for The Madd Hatter and speech therapy for Big Mak.  On these days the crock pot or Taco Cabana is the best thing EVER! Today I decided on the crock pot with a Mexican feel to it.  I got a recipe off of Pinterest, but made it my own a little bit.  Creamy Salsa Chicken and pasta.  It was REALLY good.  I think rice is supposed to be the carb, BUT you can serve it with whatever you want to, you’re the one eating it.
What you need - Crock pot
Chicken (I used a little less then 2 lbs)
Cream of mushroom (1 can)
Salsa (I used a little more than a cup of Pace)
Some taco seasonings 
Sour Cream
You take everything (except the sour cream and crock pot) and it in the crock pot. I put it in at 10am and we ate around 5pm.  I boiled some rainbow rotini.  When I started my pasta (or rice or potatoes or whatever) I turned off the crock pot and shredded the chicken and then added a cup of the sour cream.  There you go dinner! AND my kids loved it. Reeces Pieces not really a fan of the pasta, but he never really is unless it’s sketti.  The stuff he threw on the floor our Boston, Rocky ate it RIGHT UP!
So that’s my cooking tip for today.  Not difficult and tasted GREAT.  I put some green onions in my and it was ... BOMB! I am taking the ends of my green onions and planting them to see if they grow (another pinterest find).  I’m wondering how much on Pinterest is actually DIY friendly.  I mean 3 kids, 2 dogs and about to be 2 cats ... let’s see how much of that cute stuff on Pinterest is easy to do! And how much time it will ACTUALLY take.
One thing I WILL be posting about on a weekend basis is my version of the summer bucket list (another Pinterest find).  We are doing a WEEKEND bucket list.  We have made out our activities and every weekend we will pick something to do.  I will report back on how we did. LOL
Well, here’s my first “How do I do it” post.  This is how I did dinner tonight ... WHO KNOWS how I will do it tomorrow LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment