Sunday, April 22, 2012

AAAHHH

AAAHHH! Ok So I've dropped the ball, BUT I did do some stuff that people MAY think interesting.
First - Vinegar and weeds.  I was a little ... not sure about this one.  I read a blog that you have to SOAK the weed in vinegar and it's going to take days to work.  My back yard is a SEA of weeds.  I mowed the weeds down and then applied the vinegar.  I got a spray pump thing and Walmart for about $9.  I got JUGS of vinegar from Sams club.  I did it on a pretty warm day.  I think it was about 80-85 outside.  That evening the ones I sprayed and where I sprayed were shriveled.  BUT it only kills where you spray so if you don't get the root then the weed will still be alive and kicking.  
The day after that we went car shopping for 9 hours so I didn't really do anything news worthy except go with a plan and KNOW what the actual are is worth so YOU KNOW how much the dealership is trying to get you for.  AND never ever buy into the "We have to feed our families" speech from the dealers.
Yesterday and today was food.  
Today we had this pretty good fried chicken! Here's the blog I got it from. http://rockrecipes.blogspot.com/2012/04/doube-crunch-honey-garic-chicken.html?utm_source=BP_recent
What I used - 2 cups flour, 4 teaspoon pepper, 2 teaspoons of ginger and nutmeg, 1 teaspoon cheyenne pepper.  The egg wash I did 2 eggs and some milk (probably 3 tablespoons).  For the sauce I did 1/2 cup of honey, around 1/8 cup of soy sauce and a table spoon of minced garlic.
I took the chicken and pounded it, dipped in the flour mix, egg wash then flour. THEN to fry.  The sauce I just heated it up in a pan.  It was really good.
Yesterdays was really good and it wasn't about what I made, but it's about looking in the store for new things.  My husband threw the package away, but in the Asian section they have these shake and bake type things.  SOMEONE (I think the Madd Hatter) put one in my basket and it ended up in my pantry.  So I tried it one shrimp last night and it was pretty good.  It was that peanut Asian taste.  Sorry about the picture ... Kid finger print LOL So if you are looking for something new look in the ethnic section for that shake and bake type stuff.  We had shrimp, beans and tats.  Good eats LOL


No comments:

Post a Comment