Sunday, April 1, 2012

Pork Chops

I saw this really cool recipe for some pork chops made in the crock pot served with some mashed tats.  
You need - pork chops
                  1 can cream of chicken
                  1 packet of ranch (the powder not the salad dressing)
Today I had to go pan handle to raise money for my Leukemia and Lymphoma Society fundraiser.  So I put everything in the pot, set it on low and told my husband to plug it in at 11.  You could do low for 6 hours or high for 4.  I get home and it's on high ... not sure how long it cooked that way, but everyone (except me) liked it.
The mashed tats you cook regular.  I have a tool I use to mash my tats.  If you ever go for ice cream in Germany and order spaghetti ice, then they made it with this tool.  Makes your mashed tats nice and smooth.  The recipe calls for 4 lbs of tats, I used 4 potatoes not 4 lbs (I don't even use that much on Turkey Day).  It also calls for 1 cup parm cheese and 6 cloves of roasted garlic.  I used about 1/4 cup (a little less) and no garlic.  I wasn't feeling garlic tonight.  You also add what you usually do for mashed tats (butter and milk) 
What the tats look like AFTER going through the thing
The bottom of my spaghetti ice maker
My review ... WAY TOO SALTY! I couldn't even finish.  Everyone else practically licked their plates, but I couldn't even eat it.  I ate 2 bites of the meat a bite of the tats.  I also made green beans to go with it and that's what I ate.  I still have some pork chops frozen because I planned on making it again, but I won't be.  I don't know how to make it less salty since I didn't use ANY salt and usually by the low sodium products.
Here is the blog to where I got it 
http://realmomkitchen.com/287/ranch-house-crock-pot-pork-chops-with-parmesan-mashed-potatoes/

No comments:

Post a Comment