Tuesday, April 10, 2012

CHURIMPS!

I don't know if you've seen The Birdcage with Robin Williams.  Anyway, there's a part where the house man has to pretend he's a chef and he makes this HORRID stew. Robin comes in and takes the whole pot and the house man says "Wait, you forgot the churimps!" That's what I always think about when I am making shrimp.
This dish LOOKS FAB taste like ... if the color beige had a taste it would be this.  Smells amazing, but I won't be making it again.  The kids ate it, but didn't want seconds.  Today I am just giving my review on something that has been pinned a million times it looks like.  Maybe I did something wrong, but it wasn't tasty! At All.
You need shrimp
          coconut milk
          green onions
          garlic
          fish sauce
         cilantro 
          red curry sauce
Dice the onions and have a white pile and a green pile.  Saute the white pile with the curry sauce (1 table spoon).  Then put in the shrimp (1 lb) and garlic (2 cloves).  Make sure shrimp are mostly cooked.  Pour in the coconut milk (6 oz) and fish sauce (2 teaspoons). Simmer for 2-3 minutes.  Then at the last minute toss in the green onions and cilantro (to taste).  I served over rice. 


http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/03/thai-coconut-curry-shrimp.html



No comments:

Post a Comment