Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Chicken Noodle Soup! With A Soda On The Side

Who remembers that song? Chicken Noodle Soup! Chicken Noodle Soup! Chicken Noodle Soup with a soda on side! LOL ANYWAY, that is what's for dinner.  I have been seeing a lot of posts about soups and get well remedies.  I could NEVER make a good chicken noodle soup so I asked a friend because she kept raving about her home made soup.  I didn't use a blog I just did it myself with a pointer from a friend.  
What you need - Chicken thighs, legs (chicken with the bones still in there)
                          Carrots
                          Potato
                           Garlic
                           Whole onion
                           Oregano
                          Parsley
                         Basil
                        And anything else you think would be good
I put the chicken with water (3 beer mugs full of water) and boiled it.  There was this white foamy type stuff that gathered at the top so I scooped that out.  I added everything else and I let it boil until the chicken was how I liked it.  I boiled some noodles on the side and then put the noodles in a bowl and then ladled the chicken mixture over it.  I don't know WHY I didn't think of that before, but every other time I've TRIED to make this I've put the noodles IN the pot and it just turned into a HUGE mess!! 





Side note - in the picture of my dutch oven I am using a spoon holder.  This has SAVED me from many arguments with my husband.  See, I cook and he cleans and if one thing bugs him it's the spoon ring that forms in the middle of the stove while I cook and then it gets crusted by the time it's time to clean.  I got it at a kitchen store.  Get one! A little thing that will change your life LOL


I also tried the cookie bowl thing tonight ... We aren't going to EVEN talk about it.  It was a HOT mess. I'm going to try my moms sugar jumbles recipe and make a bowl with that, but yea ... tonight I'm not even going to post pictures. COMPLETE disaster!

No comments:

Post a Comment