Saturday, March 24, 2012

Eating breakfast together on Sundays =)

I believe I have seen this on Pinterest once, but I learned this trick from my mom.  One thing I remember about my mom making breakfast when I was little is she alway ate last.  She said if you make breakfast like pancakes and bacon then you usually eat last because you can only fit a couple of those things in a pan at a time.  THEN came the griddle, BUT if you want to make some for the WHOLE family at once you need a MASSIVE griddle and you can't do french toast and bacon at the same time on those things SOoooo! Breakfast at my house usually goes like this ...



I put the bacon on a cookie sheet and stick in the oven at 350 until they look good.  EASY right?  It's so easy and once the bacon is done get rid of the grease and then throw away the tin foil.  No more standing in front of the skillet.  SINCE this was such a short Pinterest I'm going to let you in on another tip from my mom and it's french toast.  Ok ... Sooo we now know how to cook bacon all at once and here is how you do french toast all at once.  The hubs doesn't like almonds so I do one batch with and one with out.  
Here is a french toast recipe that is GREAT and Mom can eat with the family -

1 14- to 16-inch long soft baguette
3 large eggs
2 cups milk
¼ cup butter melted
¼ cup sugar
¼ tsp pure almond extract
Cut the bread into slices about 1 inch. The bread needs to be dry or hardish. I just leave the entire loaf out over night OR you can put your slices in the oven for a little bit 250 for 5-10.    Then, take the pieces and kind of smash then into you baking pans.  I ALWAYS need 2. Mix eggs, then milk, butter slowly, sugar and almond extract.  Pour over bread.  Chill, covered, until bread has absorbed custard—about 1 hour or overnight. I usually just do it until most of the liquid is gone.
For the topping mix 1 large egg white and 3 T sugar.  THEN mix in ¾ cup sliced almonds until well combined.  Spread mixture over bread.  Bake at 350 until they are nice and golden, 25-35 minutes.  

I wish I had more pictures of this for you, but I don't because I didn't make this this morning.  SO now you can bake french toast and bacon together!  I actually had to google THIS photo for you LOL Have fun eating breakfast as a family on Sundays =)

No comments:

Post a Comment