Thursday, March 1, 2012

Crabs on Mars

Today with Pinterest -
Today I tried Cucumber Cups Stuffed with Spicy Crab for lunch.  ANYONE that knows me that I can eat my HUSBANDS weight in crab.  I love crab any and everything with crab except these. LOL  There was something missing and I have no idea what it is.  I needed to add more tabasco then listed.  It didn’t give it a kick.  I ate one and decided to redo the entire thing.  If you would like to try this recipe here is the link.

The original version


So I put all the crab mix back into the bowl.  Mixed in the green onions, put in about 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese and 1/4 cup of Panko bread crumbs.  I had some large mushrooms so I washed them and then took off the stems.  Heated a pan with some olive oil, tossed the mushrooms around in the hot pan.  I then stuffed the mushrooms with the mixture and put them in the oven.  MUCH BETTER! I’m not sure why I did not like the original recipe.  Like I said something was missing for me.  My way would make a good dip too if you added some cheese (besides parm) 

The modified version


Tonight I had a wine tasting for my LLS fundraiser.  I think EVERYONE should do wine tasting! It was really fun finding out the difference between wines and everything.  PLUS I made $75 for my fundraiser. Well, TECHNICALLY I broke even because daycare was $76, but still it was fun and great to get out of the house, dress nice and talk with some girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment