Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Yum is all I can say!

OH MY GAWD! Tonight was AAAAAA-mazing! I made pizza bites and no bake strawberry icebox cake.  The pizza bites were actually good! I even ate some and I usually don't eat kiddy food.  PLUS- they were easy.  Dumped everything in a bowl, mixed it.  The blog said she couldn't fit all the batter into the mini muffin cups, but I did, no problem.  She also used cubed pepperoni,  I used the round flat ones and just cut them in half.  I did not use the sauce.  Red sauce in this family is a mess I don't feel like cleaning tonight.  From start to in the oven I say it took me 15 minutes.  AGAIN, I'm not an organized cooker (my kids term) so I'm sure you could cut some time off if you are organized.  Also, the blog said 20-25 minutes, mine were done in 18 and I think next time I will do 17.  A good quick meal for the kids, movie night, super bowl! They were really tasty! http://lickthebowlgood.blogspot.com/2010/07/annoying-habits.html




Now the cake! Or should we say heaven in a pan! Since it's just me and the kids I cut the recipe in half and will make again this weekend when the hubs is home.  She says to lay 6 graham crackers I did 3 across, but had the same about of layers.  The chocolate drizzle didn't really turn out, but I still put it on there and we ate it.  This I was actually organized! I did not use rosewater because I have no idea where to find it.  This took about 15 minutes as well.  Making the whip was the longest part.  HOLY MOLY IT'S GOOD! We also didn't wait 4 hours ... I kinda like it with the crunch in there.  TRY THIS it should be a national LAW everyone try this it's THAT good! http://www.thekitchn.com/summer-recipe-nobake-strawberr-117900

No comments:

Post a Comment