Saturday, March 17, 2012

Green Ladybugs

So I would like to start off by saying I don't like it when people pin things on Pinterest, but there's no how to on how to do it. =/ SO I decided to these chocolate covered pretzels that look like ladybugs.  The blog only had a photo and not how they did it SO I had to come up with it on my own. Since today is St. Patrick's Day we made green ladybugs.
What you need - pretzels 
                           white chocolate
                           brown chocolate
                           food coloring
                           Toothpicks


What I did was (just like last night) I had a pot of boiling water with a bowl over it to melt the chocolate. Side note - once the water is at a good boil I turn off the heat. White chocolate first, I kept a half a square out so I can melt it at the end for the eyes. I then put the food coloring in after it was melted.  I covered the pretzels with it and then put them on greased tin foil.  I had 3 1/2 squares of chocolate and the small pretzels.  I was able to make about 20 or so.  Once they were covered they wwnt into the freezer.  Started melting the dark chocolate.  Once the dark chocolate was melted I took the green pretzels and only dipped the top of the pretzels and made little black dots on the wings (see photo). Back into the freezer.  I then melted the rest of the white chocolate and put the eyes on.  There you go.  Ladybug pretzels.



Ok ... Can I just talk about the original blog? These were WAY too time consuming for a 1 year olds birthday party.  For ANY party.  They are cute and fun for a Friday night.  Hers turned out WAY cuter then mine!  MAYBE she used larger pretzels so 1 pretzel would've been enough for a person.  I used the smaller pretzels.  I also don't know a nice, easy way to pull things from the chocolate without it smudging or messing it up some how.  The best tool I found for this was a fork.  That way I didn't get gobs of chocolate when I laid them on the flat surface. I also did just dark chocolate pretzels.  Nothing fancy! And then the left over white chocolate I splattered all over.  Those are in the freezer for when the kids go to bed hehehehe! HAVE FUN WITH THIS ONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment